Saturday, September 29, 2007
This is the back of the piece. I found this piece by Emily Dickinson and thought is was very appropriate.Rella, I am sending you hope, peace and love...
Friday, September 21, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Sunday, September 16, 2007
I am such a pile-er I just stick stuff on top of stuff... I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. Hi, my name is Cindy and I am a Pile-er. LOL
Here is one thing I did yesterday. I hung up my bulletin board and stuffed all my trades that I got from Art & Soul and the ArtNest on it. It is hanging below my favorite clock! I do like the whimsical stuff.
So see Sammy??!! My room is pretty messy! But by the end of today, I should have it all nice and pretty and I can make some art in it again! I think the messiness was stealing my mojo!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
A sister's love is special in oh so many ways
Now miles stretch between us and minutes turn to days.
We've shared so much as children the tears, the joys, the pain
A lifetime spent together those memories remain.
In times gone by we've pondered the paths our lives have taken
Knowing that in spite of this our sister love unshaken.
A sister's love is special in ways that are unspoken
Still that binding force exists our sister love unbroken.
I am looking forward to our next adventure together! Italy here we come.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Sunday, September 9, 2007
After that, we went shopping for dresses for her homecoming dance that is at the end of the month. Not really her schools but her boyfriends. We couldn't decide on the dresses so we took pictures and she is sending them to her boyfriend to help her pick one out. Here are the choices.
So...opinions? Sisters, I know you will be looking so tell Megan your thoughts. We had fun today. After clothes shopping we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. After dinner, we played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution PlayStation Game) It was quite the workout. She is going to be my exercise partner we have decided. Not that she wants to lose weight, she wants to build muscle. Tomorrow we are swimming. So...I shall be looking for opinions on the dress. Please comment so we can get a general census.
They had a silent auction and a live auction. The most fun was when they were auctioning off a puppy. You could see all the little girls looking at their daddies and pleading with their eyes...please daddy please. My boss Ronnow was not their but us girls from the office sent him an email from my work phone asking permission to bid on the puppy with the company credit card. He didn't respond so we sent him another message saying that we won the auction, (which of course we didn't) and that we would take turn taking the puppy home but he could name it. LOL All of a sudden my phone rings! LOL I made Jen answer it. After she got done tormenting him, she handed the phone to me and he said "Why are you messing with my brain?" LOL...and I said... "Because I can!" The saga will continue on Monday I am sure because one of the girls told Frank that Ronnow wouldn't let us get a puppy and Frank sent him an email that said "So I hear the girls bought a puppy for MHBS." LOL Frank is an instigator. He likes to give people a hard time. Great man to work for. So that was it. TTFN
Saturday, September 8, 2007
So that was it in a nutshell. I am hoping to get in to next months First Friday too as it will be a very big event because it is the 5 year anniversary of the event.
I will be listing some of my items on Etsy later today or tomorrow, probably tomorrow as I have another event to go to tonight. I am going to the owner of the companies I work for, ranch for Miss Kitty's Jeans to Jewels event benefiting Opportunity Village. I will do a post on that tomorrow. TTFN
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
1. I have a great husband. He is a good soul and I am lucky to have him. He the yin to my yang and my rock.
2. I have great kids. Kind hearted, loving and just good.
3. I have 3 wonderful sisters! I don't know what I would do or be without them. They have ALWAYS been there for me through thick and thin and no matter how bitchy I get...they still love me and I them. Cause believe me....they can get bitchy! LOL (Susie, Lynn & Sandy---you know you are giggling right now as you read this!)
4. I have a few TRUE friends besides my sisters. They are the ones that love me even though I can be quite odd. LOL And of course, they have to be odd themselves to hang around me! Maybe a better word would be UNIQUE. That's it...unique.
5. I have been blessed with a good life and I thank God for it everyday. I am starting to realize the things that really matter in life and they aren't material things. What I want now is connections. Memories to look back on. Pictures to reminisce over and stories to tell and laugh about. I watch the video that my brother in law took of me and my sisters when we were in Turkey and I laugh when I hear my little sister Sandy yelling bee's....and we are all laughing and scrambling for the deeper water to get away from them. I want to spend more time with the people that matter in my life and less time with the people that drain it.
6. That things are not going to come as quickly or exactly as I want them to and that it is more about the journey than the actual destination. So...I am starting another year of my life with no set destination in mind. I do have goals, but I am going to enjoy the journey and not try and force things along to reach the end so fast. This will be extremely challenging for me...I am impatient. I want it now! I can hear my sisters collective voices saying "Ya Think?" after those last sentences.
With that said....42 is going to be a good year....I deem it so. (Knock on wood) LOL I am superstitious too! LOL
Monday, September 3, 2007
I started to laugh. She loves to be UNDER anything. Under the bed, under the covers, under, under under.
She gets all nervous when I take pictures of her but I couldn't resist. By the way....please ignore the blue bra...my daughter would be horrified that I took the picture with it there, but I didn't want to disturb my little princess and it serves her right for throwing her blue bra in the whites!