A Penny for Your Thoughts....

Today as I was waiting in line at Starbucks, a gentleman was walking out the door and pulled his hand out of his pocket and out fell a penny....and it sat there...many people walked in and out...and even the guy mopping the floors left it there. When I was done with my order and I was standing waiting for a table to open up, I watched it...thinking, I should pick it up. It seems that a penny is not that important to people these days. If I picked it up would I have good luck? You know the sayings; Find a penny pick it up, and all day long you will have good luck. Or maybe I would have bad luck, many times have I passed a penny and left it because it had the tail side up...you know the other side of the old superstition.



There are many phrases about pennies. I would call my friend Jen a PENNY PINCHER. LOL She is pretty thrifty. And what about the pharse "A bad penny always comes back." Is there really a BAD PENNY?? I don't think so...but who knows. I think I am going to gather all the pennies and coins I find on the ground and put them in a jar and see how much I can collect. Maybe it will pay for a nice vacation one day! Because you know...they cost a PRETTY PENNY! Or is that just being PENNY WISE and a pound foolish? Anyway you look at it, a PENNY SAVED is a penny earned... I am on a quest now to find change... Just giving you my 2 cents....

Comments