The Missing Link!

So I have been in a funk....a FOUR YEAR funk....and I kept asking myself what do I want and I can't seem to figure it out....I try and make a list of things I SHOULD do to get where I want to go but it seems I end up blank.  I just can't seem to make myself do anything...  I have a zillion unfinished projects and ideas but no drive to finish them.  Then yesterday as I am asking myself who am I, I get an email....  It's my daily tune up from Yehuda Berg.   It says.....

We can’t get what we want by having a fantasy about it. We have to be willing to do something to make it happen.

Maybe you haven’t been willing to get up an hour earlier to go to the gym for a fit body, or maybe you would rather be liked then upset your colleagues with a new idea.

What haven’t you been willing to do to make your dreams come true? Whatever the answer is, it’s the missing link!
This answer is the only thing missing in turning your dreams into a reality!

THAT'S IT!!!!  And all of a sudden I had a list.....a list of all the things I am not doing....it was so much easier to make a list of things I wasn't doing than the things I should be doing!!  I have always been a rebel to authority...it's all about my dad...LOL  trust me I know this...doesn't change the way I think though.  If you TELL ME I should be doing something I am likely to do the opposite just because I don't like being told what to do....even if it's detrimental to me.  I've gotten much better thru the years...hence my success in many areas of my life but it still is there...lurking, waiting for someone to push that button.  So now I have a list....a list of things to check off one step at a time... (Yes Lynn(my sister the list maker), a list...LOL) So from now on I will be looking at things with a different perspective....what am I NOT doing and THAT may just get me to where I want to be....

Comments

Kerri Jean said…
This is spot ON. And like you, Cindy, I often resist things the minute they become obligations, or the thing I have to do. And like you, I just need a new way of looking at it so that it is no longer just an obligation. I love this message.