40 Days & 40 Nights....the journey begins.....


Happy New Year to all. I am hoping that 2010 brings many things into my life and leaves a bunch of things behind. 2009 was a year of transitions....leaving a job that I had for many many years, leaving a state I had lived for many many years, traveling out of the country, coming back to the country, getting a new job, a new apartment, a new life....but in getting that new life I lost my creative life for awhile. So what is the picture of the book? It is called 40 days and 40 Nights taking time out for self-discovery. A guided journal. I needed to do something to get me back on track.... Part of this book is to pick an intention an in working through this book hopefully you will move towards that intention. So what is my intention? My intention is to get back to my creative life. To get back to doing what I want, to getting back to me.... I have a hard time finishing things like this, but I am going to work my hardest to complete this book and work in in everyday....no matter how tired, busy or lazy I am or want to be. At the beginning of 2008, I listed my goals at the beginning of the year and I worked towards them with great passion and I exceeded my goals way beyond what I expected...so once again, I will be making a list of goals I would like to accomplish this year and working hard and with great passion to achieve them and of course it would be fantastic to exceed them! Life is what you create it and I am on the journey to create the life I want.... So, follow if you like as part of my process is blogging and I am getting back to that....
So for this weekend, we have come up to Vermont to enjoy a quiet New Year. The first day of 2010 was a very good day and what I hope to be a sign of what 2010 will bring....happiness and creativity. We enjoyed long talks and shopping most of the day. Today we woke up to a couple more inches of snow. There is something so magical about being up here when it is snowing...
As I was out taking these pictures this morning, I thought I heard what sounded like running water, like a stream....I walked over to see if there was a trickling stream but the noise seemed to come from above....and when I looked at the top of the trees, they were swaying ever so slightly and I realized that it was the wind whispering through the trees. I haven't been in a place for so long that was so silent that you could hear the wind whistle through the trees branches....I felt so at peace...
It was just what I needed....


Comments

Nerissa Alford said…
Hi Cindy
Happy New Year! I wish you all the best this upcoming year. I miss hearing about your adventures :)
Nerissa
Kerri Jean said…
Happy New Year Cindy!
I found your 2009 journey amazing and I cannot wait to see what you manifest in 2010. Beautiful pictures. The Northeast is lovely.