July 4th Part 3...the final part....

So after the boat cruise, I made Sandy & Gulden take me to the antique district. It was off the beaten path.... There were lots of little streets....going off in all directions....
I went into lots of little stores filled with old books and trinkets...I was in heaven. LOL I think my sister and Gulden thought I was nuts.
Of course I saw the "E" and had to take a picture of it. That's for my man....Ed.
I thought this was kinda cute...street art...graffiti...call it what you like....
Gulden went into this old record store. Sandy decided to take a sit break and I took her picture. Isn't she cute???
I couldn't resist taking this picture....they have all kinds of things in these stores...
and of course on the streets there are always little vendors selling the fruits and veggies. I just find the look of these so wonderful.
We walked thru the streets and ended up at Taksim Square....which is considered the heart of Istanbul. Food.....
Tons of people.....
It was a bustling place. Full of stores for shopping, places to eat. I was amazed at how many people were there. the trolley reminded me of San Franscisco. It was pretty cool.
As I said....you can find all kinds of stuff here...LOL
Even a Pizza Hut. They had McDonalds, Burger King, and a bunch of other places to eat....
I kinda like the street vendors. They had these all down the street...people selling hot corn on the cob...roasted actually....
After we got done walking up the street, we took a cab to Chili's and had dinner. Yes I said Chili's. It just came to Istanbul in March. It was Guldens husbands birthday. We had a nice dinner and then we went bowling....
Sandy is a pretty good bowler! It was a long day...but a good day. I saw alot of Istanbul and enjoyed it.

Comments

Deryn Mentock said…
How exciting! Who knew you would be bowling in Turkey??
Anonymous said…
loved the series of blogs, what an adventure Cindy! leigh ann