Istanbul continued....

So as we left the Blue Mosque I had to take a picture of this tree. I loved it. I wanted to climb it actually! Remember when you were a kid and a tree like this was just a screaming invitation to climb it? As we walked back out the gates, I saw this gentleman selling Simet. A Turkish Bagel of sorts. When Sandy's in laws were over for dinner, they kept saying Simet to Gulden's baby who had a round shaped toy. I guess they normally carry the Simet on a board over their head and yell out Simet. So she would put the toy on her head when they said Simet....it was very cute. So I had to take a picture of this guy.As we walked to the Cisterns...we passed this little temple thing. I have no idea what it was called but I thought it was pretty cool.
Inside the ceiling was spectacular.
On to the Basilica Cistern. I will let you read the explanation....
It was really hard to capture the awesomeness of this place. But here is a try.

That is it for now....My next post will be about the Hagia Sophia...

Comments