Hosgeldiniz

Hosgeldiniz is the Turkish word for Welcome. Every where you go that is what they say to you. And let me say....I felt very welcome. On the first day of my arrival, my sister and her husband picked me up and then took me to their apartment. Here is a view out their window.We then went shopping and bought food for dinner that night. They had Cengiz's family come over. There were 15 people who came over! It was an interesting night....sitting there, listening to all of them talking Turkish and some of it being translated to me by Sandy or Cengiz. If I go back again...I will have to take some lessons in Turkish! I don't like not knowing what is going on...LOL. It was a very nice evening and by the end of it....I was beat! So off to bed I went.

The next day, I was taken to the place of the business I am helping with. I learned all about the operation and we spent most of the day there. During our time there, we met a few of the locals

This one found a loaf of bread some where and was holding it in his mouth while barking at some dogs down the road. Too funny.During our time at the house, Sandy and I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. The area was beautiful. I fell in love with the look of this house.
And we talked with some of the residents of the place...
The country side was beautiful. I love all the stone walls and gates that they have...
Even the graffiti is pretty...

After we left the countryside, we went to dinner where I had the most amazing fruits and vegetables. I love love love the fruits and vegetables and bread in Turkey. I could become a vegetarian there...LOL We ended up staying at dinner until the place closed down. Good food, good conversation....it was a great day. On my next post, I will post my pics from our sightseeing day.... What an incredible city Istanbul is....

Comments

Hi Cindy,
Welcome Home. All of these photos are fabulous, thanks for sharing. The architecture and scenery are lovely.
Melissa