Life is funny...

So today, I will not be posting my pic of my art journal as I didn't get a chance to take a pic and load onto my laptop. I aam writing this post as I sit in the airport waiting for my plane. I had a fantasic New Years with my love. We spent the weekend at his house in Vermont where I visited some of the locals again. Some old...
Some new...The deer ran across the road and stopped. I made Ed stop the truck and I got out and walked up to the fence. She just stood there and I took her picture and talked to her for a minute before she decided I was pretty boring and trotted off...

But as I was taking pictures in the great white north, I started to think about my goals for the coming year and then I started to think about the beginning of last year and how far I have come, where I have been, and where I thought I was going. Some of my goals I achieved, some I exceeded, and some I failed miserably. You can plan and plan and then life throws you a curve ball and all those plans you had go straight to the garbage can. Sometimes we don't understand why or will we ever, but I for one believe that everything happens for a reason. I for one am happier at the end of this year than I was at the beginning, even though in the middle of it...my marriage of 16 years ended... I have found a love that is so wonderful that I sometimes think this can't be real. Someone who loves me just the way I am.

This next year I believe will be even better than this one. I have much to look forward to. My teaching at Art & Soul in May, My daughter graduating from High School in June and many trips with the love of my life. Some of my goals for this year are:

1. Get published in Somerset Studio. That means I have to create mixed media art more and less jewelry.

2. Purge some of my art supplies! I have too much stuff!

3. Blog more often than the last half of this year...maybe even get published in Artful Blogging. How cool would that be?

I have other goals but I will not list them for the world to see as I have learned my lesson on sharing everything....sometimes it can bite you in the ass!

Here's to a fresh start and I am gonna get back on the swing and see how high I can go!

Comments

Joanna said…
Cindy,
So glad I found you (via Art & Soul in VA -- I remembered you'd be teaching there)! This is Joanna from Beryl Taylor's class at A&S in Portland, Oct. '08.
You gave me a pendant in class, but I'd brought nothing to trade (didn't know about trading!). So I said I'd send you and Lynn each a fabric postcard, but I've lost your addresses/emails. Please contact me at jojoleaf@gmail.com. Glad to hear you've so happy & in love. You've come a long way, baby!
You also mentioned participating in a daily journaling challenge (?) "sponsored" by another artist in one of your posts; can't remember the details, but I'm interested, too.
Gotta get to bed, as it's --YIKES!-- already 3am here in Salem, OR and I have work to do tomorrow (still have my wholesale quilt pattern distributorship, New Leaf Pattern Dist.).
Please get in touch!
Joanna (the wise-ass from class) ... jojoleaf@gmail.com
Kelly Boyd said…
I will be more than happy to help you out with goal #2.. Send some of that stuff this way!!! :-)
Lovely pics. Ams also teeching at Art & Soul - see you there. Best Wishes for 2009!