From my perspective…

This past weekend…Jennifer and I were spontaneous…we hopped on a plane and went to San Francisco. No plans…just hotel reservations…and no idea how we were going to get to the hotel once we got there. As with all my trips recently, there seems to be something that I realize while I am on them. This time…I rediscovered that I am a risk taker…I am not afraid of new things. I am independent. I am strong. Who needs men??? LOL In my daily job, I work in a world of old school men. Men who view women as the weaker sex. I am constantly barraged with all the male chauvinistic bullshit and sometimes I tend to forget that I am not “just” a woman. I struggle with this issue on a constant basis. I go between, why do I struggle to get to the top when if I put my efforts into something else in a different field, I could get so much further…to…it’s a great job…just learn to shut your mouth and take the money and run. That is my problem I think these days….I am struggling with this once again…obviously I have not worked out my issues. But I have run off on a tangent…back to the trip… Ok…first off….Jennifer screwed us all up by ASSuming that the flight was leaving out of the C gates…LOL So we went all the way there and then looked at the departure board and what did we find??? That the plane was leaving from the B gates. LOL So…back through security we went. And let me tell ya…Jennifer is the slowest person I know. She likes to call it relaxed, but damn girl…put a snap in your step!! So anyways, when we arrived at the airport, we decided to ride the BART. That is the train/subway/public transportation in SF. We didn’t know what the hell we were doing but someone gave us a little help and we were on our way. First stop…Union Square. Holy crap…big malls, big stores, big big big! While in Union Square, Jennifer proceeded to tell me all about a sign that had David Beckem’s package on it…right in front of a SF cop who proceeded to look at us like we were nuts! LOL Then Jennifer tells me it’s this way to Chinatown….it’s only up a HILL! So we walked UP to Chinatown…by the time we got there…my feet were killing me. So we decided to eat lunch. Yummy….We ate at the Cathey House. The Potstickers were huge! I even did the tea thing as I figured to live for the experience. We didn’t even eat all of our lunch as we were too full from the appetizers! Next we headed off to old St Mary’s Cathedral. What a beautiful church…and the windows were gorgeous. By this time…I had to do something about my shoes….so we got me a little pair of Chinese slippers. The best 3 bucks I spent! LOL Next stop...a small Chinese tea shop where the very nice gentleman taught us all about tea and how to make it.He was quite the character and told us all about how his wife loves Las Vegas-especially the Chippendale's! LOL Of course we ran into some locals. They were having quite the feast. I asked Jen if she wanted to join them but she said no...too full from lunch...LOL
We hit a few bead shops while there and of course I spent money...can't I just say no??? We decided that it was now time to start heading down to our hotel....but I will finish the rest of the story in my next post! Stay tuned...

Comments