Yesterday morning, my grandmother passed away. Yesterday, when I came to work, Jennifer had a gift for me. She did not know that my grandmother had passed when she handed me this bag. In it was this: I started crying as soon as I saw it because Jennifer knew the story behind this little egg cup. She knew my grandmother was sick and she wanted me to have something that would remind me of the good times with my grandmother. When I was little, I would be sent to my grandmothers for a few weeks in the summer. One of my favorite things was when she would get me breakfast. It would be a soft boiled egg, in a little egg cup. She always made me feel so grown up sitting at the table with my spoon in hand and this little egg cup in front of me. Isn’t it funny how it’s the little things that we remember? All of this stuff happening lately has reinforced my belief about what is important in life. I am blessed that I have 3 wonderful sisters and 1 brother and that we stick together through thick and thin….no matter what, we will always be there for each other. I am blessed to have wonderful children with who I have a great relationship with, and I have broken the dysfunctional cycle of our family with. I am blessed that I have such a wonderful friend who “gets” me and is always there for me. She is one of those lifetime friends, that no matter where in the world I am, I know we will always be connected. I am blessed that I have reconnected with a wonderful man who “gets” me. That I can be who I am, faults and all, who I trust so much that I have actually loosened my grip on having to be in control all the time.

I have stopped worrying about being hurt and I have just started loving more….

Comments

LindaSonia said…
That egg cup is just the sweetest ever! I'll be adding that to my 'look for' list. It's precious, but not as precious as your post. Hugs for you. LindaSonia
Kelly Boyd said…
Mum mums will be greatly missed! I'm glad that you are finally truly happy Cin, you soooooo deserve it!
I am so sorry for your loss-sending prayers and warm hugs. Wonderful post!
chris p
&rew said…
How sad to hear about your loss and how sweet of your friend to give you a small gift that will help you to remember the wonderful times! Thank you for sharing the beautiful story.
Irish3 said…
Keeping good thoughts for you..
Deirdre
Judy said…
I am so sorry. Wishing you a long life - as we say.
xo
Kerri Jean said…
I am so sorry about your grandmother... soft-boiled eggs in chick cups must have been their specialty because mine used to make them for us too!! - You are on an amazing journey this year Cindy. Thanks for sharing it with us