At the beginning of this year, I put out a list of goals, wants, etc, that I wanted. Well I have exceeded many of those goals much to my delight! Some things have changed due to circumstances beyond my control, but I have adjusted and I am now looking at new wants and needs. Have you ever sat down and really asked yourself what you want? When I was getting divorced from my first husband, I made a list of what I wanted in a man. My future partner. Here was some of my list.
1. He had to have been married before so that he knows what marriage is like and can compromise.
2. He should have no kids from a previous marriage. LOL…I didn’t want to deal with child support issues. I had my own to deal with.
3. He should be stable.
I can’t remember much more than that, as they were not as important to me as those were at the time. Well…I got those things. As I was lying in bed last night, I realized that my needs have changed. I suppose that it is me that has changed, and not so much my husband. When we met, I was the party girl. I enjoyed what he did. But over the years, that life had less appeal and I think that is what caused our drift.
So…what does this have to do with a list of goals or wants? Well when you declare your intentions, it makes you pay attention to those things and when opportunities arise, you are there, willing, able and wanting… So here is my list of what I want in a future partner.
1. He must like Chinese Food! LOL…I never get to go to my favorite restaurant with my partner!
2. I want a best friend first. Someone who I can tell everything too. Who will love me despite all my weird quirks.
3. Someone who is not afraid to make a fool of himself and be able to laugh at himself and who will dress up for Halloween with me as that is my favorite time of year!
4. Someone who will show me he loves me instead of just saying it.
5. Someone who wants to travel, explore new places. Some one who will run around Disneyland with me, holding my hand and acting like kids again.
6. Someone with a sense of humor, that can make me laugh.
7. Someone, who when I have a problem, no matter how small they think it is, will be there…and just wrap his arms around me and tell me it will be ok.
So there it is… I have put it out in the universe, and I will be paying attention to the opportunities that arise. Months from now, when I come back and read this, we shall see what the outcome is.
Oh...and he should be ok with going to company functions and playing the political game of socializing with me for my career... LOL... I know... I know...I could go on and on...