Another milestone in my daughters life (and mine)!

Today, my daughter got her drivers license. Please say a prayer for me...LOL Just kidding. She got a perfect score. The DMV person was very impressed with her driving skills. My youngest is spreading her wings. Someone asked me if I was sad about it. And I said hell no! LOL Freedom for me! Just kidding. I have mixed feelings. Now I just have to worry that much more when she leaves the house. But on the other hand...it's good to know that I raised a smart young woman and that she will be well prepared when she flys out of the nest. This is a time of transition for both of us in a way. I was 17 when I got married the first time and then I had my son. I have never really had my own freedom. So now is my time to find myself and create the life I want. Chase after my childhood dreams as Randy Pausch said in his "Last Lecture". What an incredible story this is. I am reading the book now and I highly recommend it. TTFN for now...

Comments

Oh and REMEMBER when you first got your liscence? AHhhhh...THE FREEDOM!
Babsarella said…
I am right behind ya...my daughter just got her learners permit and is now taking drivers ed. I will be happy when she can driver herself to all her activities so I won't feel like I am constantly having to stop what I am doing to either drop off or pick up, but with that comes a lot of worry. Good to know she has such high scores and is doing all the right things!!! Enjoy your freedom!!
Lynn said…
Tell Megan I said congratulations!
Kelly Boyd said…
AGGGGHHHH!! Megels is driving!!! LOL
ArtPropelled said…
Enjoy finding yourself and creating the life you want! A very exciting time for you.