Why is there so much violence recently?

Today, 6 kids were shot here in Las Vegas after they got off their bus from school. The school that my daughter goes to. I am so thankful that she was no where near where the incident took place. So thankful that it was not her involved, so thankful that she did not even know about it until I told her this evening. I am sure that she is texting all her friends right now trying to find out who was involved and what happened. I am sure the my space pages and comments are burning up the web right now. Hopefully, this will lead to the capture of those involved. I feel for the parents of these kids. About a year and a half ago, my daughter was beat up by a girl because my daughter told this girls boyfriend to chill. This incident happened on the Air Force base so, not much was done to her because she was a civilian so the military police couldn't do anything to her and Metro told me they couldn't do anything because it was on a military installation. It was soooo frustrating. And they had evidence too. The sister of the girl video taped it because they were gonna post it on my space. I was just so disgusted with the whole situation. The very next day, that girl was walking around the base like nothing ever happened! I guess her parents didn't care. I tell you what, if it was my daughter who had started it....she would have been sentenced to life in the house! Life was rough for my daughter for awhile. I was seriously worried that this girl would hurt Megan. It all came to a head when she came to my daughters school one day with the intention of beating her up. Megan called me and told me she was there and she said she was scared. So I tried to call the school. No one would respond to me, so I left work and went down there and I made a big scene. Megan was none to happy but I didn't care. The school police caught this girl and had her arrested. Finally...some justice. We had to go to court. When we showed up, I glared at the girl and her mother...a few minutes later, a court person came out and told us that we could go. That she had pleaded guilty and that she would be given instructions to stay away from Megan or she would go to Juvie. That was pretty much the end of it. I wish more parents would be involved in their kids life. Sometimes Megan thinks I am too nosey, but I want to know what is going on in her life. It's a scary world out there...keep you kids close. Sometimes....I wish I lived in a small town, far far away from the big city.

Comments

Amy Huff said…
You're not alone. Bill Cosby was on Oprah (I know, I know!) a few months ago talking about this exact thing and it was amazing. He wrote a book called "Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors" about all of this.
HappyDayArt! said…
I am so sorry that happened to your darling girl Cindy. I like what you did though. I would have had a hard time restraining myself.

I do believe it is like that all over, you can't just move to a small town and have all your problems go away.

Happy Holidays!
Catherine
Anonymous said…
Cindy, I'm so sorry you're going through these terrible things. It's a broken world we live in...

Deryn
Judy said…
How aweful Cindy! Glad your daughter was not any where near there too.