Sunday, December 16, 2007

I made myself something pretty

Here it is. My first necklace for myself. I am not much of a jewelry wearer until recently. I found these Citrine Nuggets and I feel in love with them. I made this with twisted steel. And the focal piece is a chandelier drop that I diamond glazed a picture of flowers from a vintage dictionary that I added some color to with water colors. I am really happy with the way it turned out and I am wearing it tomorrow. I know Jen will comment on it. If I could find some red gems that were faceted, I would love to make one of these again with the red.
Here is the close up of the drop.

So...any comments?

4 comments:

abbymaya said...

This piece is really lovely and the central drop is beautiful! What a fantastic job you've done here.

kerrip said...

absolutely gorgeous Cindy. My fingertips hurt for you. This looks like a lot of hand work, but what a great piece.

Jes said...

VERY~VERY stunning!!!!!

Happy Holidays!

~Jes http://sweetpeas.motime.com

Sam I Am said...

Merrrrrry Christmas!!!!!