How sad is that?

Today as I started driving down the road to work, I noticed a couple of helicopters hovering in the sky above where my daughters school is. I shook my head in a realization that this would be on the local news for the next week or so. As I watched the news story tonight, it was interesting to me to listen to the kids talk about how they viewed the incident. Some of them seemed so nonchalant. Just another day in the normal life of a teenager at Mojave. Sad, sad, sad to think that this is an accepted thing. My daughter doesn't know any of the people involved, so I guess that is a good thing. When we moved to this house, we did so because she wanted to go to the school that all her friends were going to. We used to live on the Air Force Base before my hubby retired from active duty. All the kids from the base go to this school. But over the past 1 & 1/2 years since we moved to this neighborhood, it has started to take a downturn. Thank God we did not buy this house. Hopefully, we will be able to move to a new house by the time a new school year starts because, even Megan has decided that it's just not the kind of environment that she wants to go to school in. So...that is what I am focusing on. Buying our house. Getting out of dodge...so to speak. I am very much looking forward to that. Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Comments