Wishing I was on a Blue Cruise

Whenever I am feeling crappy, I just have to look at pictures from my sister trip to Turkey last September and I feel a sense of peace come over me. That trip was a life altering experience. I have never been so relaxed in my whole entire life! I really want to go back and do it again soon! My little sister lives in Istanbul with her husband and it was my first trip out of the USA except for Canada and that doesn't really count does it? We went to Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary. I didn't realize there was so much history in Turkey. The gullet (big sail boat) that we were on was fantastic. We were waited on hand and foot. All we had to do was get up, eat, swim, explore, eat, nap, eat, sleep, swim, LOL... Ahhhh....I wish I could go again......
Back to Reality:
I have been very tired the last few days. I just have so much to do sometimes it feels overwhelming. I want to sit down and create but then I feel guilty because there is housework to be done! My son is coming home, back to live with us for a few months. I am happy about that. I didn't like him so far away. He is in Omaha. But now I have to empty the spare room of all the crap that I shoved in there after our move. That has become my storage room. It is a forced clean out! Where am I to put all the stuff? I guess I need to weed out and get rid of. I am such a pack rat because you never know when that piece of something might make a great addition for your art! LOL So instead of creating this weekend, I shall be sorting. We should paint the room before he gets here but maybe not. The purple and yellow walls with little fairy wallpaper border (previous owners choice) might make him be more inclined to get back on his feet sooner! LOL Good idea...we are leaving the paint.

Comments